An R interface to the Google Cloud Compute Engine API, for launching virtual machines.
See all documentation on the googleComputeEngineR website
TL;DR - Creating an RStudio server VM
- Configure a Google Cloud Project with billing
- Download a service acount key JSON file
- Put your default project, zone and JSON file location in your
library(googleComputeEngineR) and auto-authenticate
vm <- gce_vm(template = "rstudio", name = "rstudio-server", username = "mark", password = "mark1234") (or other credentials) to start up an RStudio Server.
- Wait for it to install, login via the returned URL.
- Scott Chamberlin for the analogsea package for launching Digital Ocean VMs, which inspired the SSH connector functions for this one.
- Winston Chang for the harbor package where the docker functions come from. If
harbor will be published to CRAN, it will become a dependency for this one.
- Henrik Bengtsson for help in integrating the fantastic future package that allows asynchronous R functions run in GCE clusters.
- Carl Boettiger and Dirk Eddelbuettel for rocker that Docker containers some of the R templates used in this package.